Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday 21 October 2009

Designer bags/purse cakes


Right, i'm on a mission this week. I've never used sugar/fondant icing to decorate a cake let alone decorate a cake. I'm the newbie who's a part of Paradise Kitchen you see and I don't really get involve with the baking process as much as I'd like to.
However, I certainly won't stop getting creative. As a massive fan of Eric Lanlard, French Patissier extraodinaire, who own Cake Boy and also Savoir Designs, I've certainly been lucky enough to taste and check out his rather fabulous cakes and cake designs. All I can say is Wow!
He is also current doing a show on Channel 4 (UK) called GLAMOUR PUDS, sounds delicious! More of him another time, but for now, my current obssession lies with cake decorating and designer bag cakes. I'm talking Chanel Cambon tote bag cakes, LV multicolore speedy bag, Chanel 2.55 bag cake... I wanna get my mitts on making or at least decorating a designer cake bag.
Exciting stuff indeed with more photo examples to follow too! Hold your horses i'll be back later today.

image via Pink Cake Box

These amazing cake designs are from rather skilled and talented cake bakers/decoraters from Pink Cake Box and also Pretty Sweet Boutique. Their cakes are truly spot on in terms of design, accuracy and I bet they taste damn good too! I just want to know what tool they used for the quilting effect on the Chanel 2.55 bag. I've seen other styles of beautiful stitching effect too so very curious indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment