Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday 1 November 2009

Designer bag cake part 2



If you remember, it was only a short while ago when was totally obsessed with designer purse cakes of all varieties. Well finally I got round to spending a few hours in practicing decorating a cake. I love the Chanel classic quilted collection of bags, so attempted to make the Chanel Cambon but with pink icing instead of the original black logo. Also, I did have a practice run first, making a small Chanel quilted purse/wallet in pink icing. As I didn't have the right tools) and given that i have no skills/experience whatsoever) I didn't have much option but to leave out some of the finer details, either way I am pleased with how both have turned out.
I do want to thank Adjoa of Pretty Sweet Boutique for her offering her tips in decorating with fondant, she's a pro in Chanel purse cakes! My good gal pal reckons the smaller cake looks like a super posh version of tissue box - hilarious! Oh well more practice then!




I ended up using a flat knife to make the quilted effect then put it over the choc & cream cake.

I used a cup to cut the circle shape out then used a pen knife to cut the C by hand as I couldn't find a smaller round shape.
It's missing a few details and the shape isn't quite right, but it does look yummy though, no?

First practise run with a smaller bit of fondant.

I cut separate pieces of fondant then sealed/smoothed out the edges with a bit of water.

Et voila! Vive Chanel!
I added a bit of piping to the edges too.

No comments:

Post a Comment