Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday 28 March 2010

Easter Goodness!


Happy Sunday everyone! My posts have been delayed as i am feeling not so hot at the moment. The change in weather has left me feeling somewhat yucky.
Tomorrow is when the majority of Greeks begin their fast - including me, what's on the menu you may ask? I'm not one to follow traditional Greek recipes - but I am a major fan of Vegan recipes that my friend makes. Delicious recipes to follow on another post... For now enjoy the Easter goodness at Paradise Catering. I'm so not with it, that i've got the pictures going in a backwards order, oops.




Tsoureki - for Easter all our Tsoureki have a red egg nestled on top.




Koulourakia - Easter Biscuits


Koulourakia in the making, with egg wash

This is how it's done folks! I wasn't going to let myself have a little rant today. But it makes me so cross when 'large' corporate companies think they can just swoop in and take over the Zakharoplastio industry - yup i'm talking about one big fat Chocolatier who also dips their fingers in cakes and Greek breads (as if selling chocolates isn't enough), using ready-made ingredients & a cheap price tag to sell their business. Oh that and shiny windows, decor & fancy packaging to lure everyone in.
I just wanted to say that there are many cake shop businesses in my area who have been around for years, i'm talking like anything between 25-40 years - they're not big cake shops, they're local independent business' who are run by families alike and these guys know their stuff. The taste factor difference between the mass produced and cakes from independent cake shops are huge.
Please don't take us for complete muppets and sell us slices of cakes/ Πάστες which are loaded with mouse and topped with cheap chocolate (which sticks to the inside of your mouth) leaving one super thirsty and think it's ok.

The piece of cake on the top left is apparently 'Black Forest', seriously...

No comments:

Post a Comment