Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday 24 April 2010

Happy Birthday Eleni!

I really love all the cherry blossom cake designs out there, and wanted to experiment for myself with this kind of style for a birthday tourta for a friend.
I used a strawberry cream & chocolate tourta covered in fondant tinted with blue and a little green for that 'Tiffany' Blue colour, chocolate ganache for the tree and branches - piped through greaseproof paper (i like to diy).

The flowers were made a day earlier and left to dry/harden. For the large flower i used 3 different sized heart shape cookie cutters to make the petals which were thinned out at the edges and left to harden a little in a cupcake holder! I started with the outter edges of the flower, using larger pieces of the flower petals and a little water to hold/glue them together then smaller petals. I probably should have done it the other way around but hey ho, it still turned out ok!



et voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment